Reflective Essay (Due end of Week 8, 10% of final grade)
Maps to the following course outcomes:
- Use a multidisciplinary perspective to explain the biopsychosocial and humanistic experience of aging.
- Explain demographic trends and key policies that support service provision and the well-being of older persons.
- Describe how older people make unique contributions to our understanding of diversity and the social environment.
To conclude our course, you will compose a 750-1000 word essay that addresses the following questions:
- What are at least 3 things you learned in this course that have impacted your views on aging?
- Why is interdisciplinary work important in the field of gerontology?
- Where do you see gaps, misunderstandings, or the need for action when it comes to addressing problems in later life, and who is in the best position to do something about it?
Your essay should be written from a personal perspective, reflecting upon your own views of aging and how they have been informed by what you have learned in the course. Support and cite your ideas drawing from the learning resources in the course.
The essay should be written using APA-7 format, including a title page and reference page, double-spacing, pagination, 1â€ margins, and a standard font. Your assignment will be graded according to the attached rubric (also available in the Syllabus).