Using the instructor approved idea from phase one of the series, update the process improvement idea by adding the following information:
- Create a current process flow chart.
- Desired future process flow chart.
- Create a Project Charter using the form provided.
- Create a list of the Project Team members and job descriptions.
- Create a RACI diagram
- 2-3 page report summarizing the reasoning behind the creation of all the information provided in the five topics listed above.
Preparation for Writing the Assignment
Before you begin writing the paper, you will read the following requirements that will help you meet the writing and APA requirements.
- Read the grading rubric for the assignment. Use the grading rubric while writing the paper to ensure all requirements are met that will lead to the highest possible grade.
- Third person writing is required. Third person means that there are no words such as I, me, my, we, or usâ€ (first person writing), nor is there use of you or your (second person writing). If uncertain how to write in the third person, view this link: http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/first-second-and-third-person.
- Contractions are not used in business writing, so you are expected NOT to use contractions in writing this assignment.
- You are expected to paraphrase and NOT use direct quotes. You are expected to paraphrase, which can be learned by reviewing this link: https://writing.wisc.edu/Handbook/QPA_paraphrase2.html.
- You are responsible for APA only for in-text citations and a reference list.
- The expectation is that you provide a robust use of the course readings to support ideas, reasoning and conclusions.
- You may not use books as source material.
- When using a source document, the expectation is that the information is cited and referenced with a page or paragraph number.
- Note that a reference within a reference list cannot exist without an associated in-text citation and vice versa.
How to Set Up the Paper
Create a Word or Rich Text Format (RTF) document that is double-spaced, 12-point font. The final product will be between 7-8 pages in length excluding the title page and reference page. In completing the assignment, you will answer the questions in narrative form. Write clearly and concisely.
Use the following format:
- Title page with title, your name, the course, the instructors name;
- Summary of charts, diagrams and project charter;
- Summary is formatted with an Introduction, heading for each chart, diagram and team charter to be discussed in the body of he paper and a concluding paragraph;
- Appendix with all the required charts, diagram and team charter form
- Reference List
APA and writing is an important part of this paper and should be executed with the utmost attention to detail.
Step 1: Review the grading rubric for the assignment. The grading rubric allows you to see the different criteria within your assignment, the expectations of each requirement, and the point values assigned to each requirement.
Step 2: Create each of the charts, diagrams and project charter.
Step 3: In a two-three page summary discuss the following required elements making sure to support the reasoning and conclusions using the course and research material.
- Identify the process issue.
- Analyze the current state of the process by explaining the flow chart provided.
- Analyze the future state of the process by explaining the flow chart provided.
- Determine the needs of the project using the flow charts and other tools.
- Identify the KPI factors in the project including business goals and stakeholders needs;
- Select the project team for the process project using team tools including a discussion of cross-functional vs. other team selection methods. Identify the persons who should be included in the team. If that means creating a fictitious person and job to be part of the team do so. Explain in detail the reasons for how you populated your team using the material. It should ultimately use a cross-functional team including the drivers; sales; and schedulers;
- Using the sub-headers provided below to guide your discussion address the goals of the project, how the goals will be accomplished, and who will do what in accomplishing the goals. The completed team charter form should reference all these factors that you are discussing in the summary. Be sure to explain why and how you made the decisions.
- Background “ project background
- Scope “ scope of the project
- Objective “ goals of the project and how they will be accomplished
- Governance “ who will do what and how
- Schedule “ time frames, deadlines, and completion dates
- Budget “ project budget
- Assumptions, Constraints, Risks, and Dependencies
Step 4: Review the Paper
- Read the paper and to ensure all required elements are present.
- Read the paper aloud as a first measure;
- Use the spell and grammar check in Word as a second measure;
- Have someone who has excellent English skills to proof the paper;
- Consider submitting the paper to the Effective Writing Center (EWC). The EWC will provide 4-6 areas that may need improvement.