Data Collection Methods
There are 3 main ways to collect data: asking questions, making observations, or using existing data. But a combination is also often utilized. The data collection methods include:
- Survey research (asking questions)
- Field research (making observations)
- Existing Data ( Secondary Analysis)
- Combination of methods (referred to as triangulation)
Using the four data collection method options above, complete the following for each of the scenarios below:
- Identify and describe the one best method to collect information for the scenarios (choices cannot be used more than once), and
- Justify your reasoning for selecting this data collection method by evaluating the method and why it is the best choice out of the other four.
Scenario 1:Describe police officer perceptions onthe effectiveness of wearing body cameras.
Scenario 2:Conduct a hot-spot analysis on 911 calls for domestic violence.
Scenario 3:Describe the prevalence of stalking in a small Midwest city.
Scenario 4:Describe the nature and scope of prostitution at truck stops along I-95.
Use at least four credible outside research sources, including academic journals, to support your view. The paper should be 3–5 pages, excluding cover page and references page.