STEP 1: Define the IT Business Requirements
Your presentation must address BallotOnline’s business requirements and critical IT requirements related to data storage. Make sure you classify the requirements into functional (behavior) and nonfunctional, as per the requirements definition link.
The business requirements should be explicit directives specifying what the solution should deliver for the business, formulated using imperative language (system should, or must, or will do this and that) rather than a general description of cloud solution features.
STEP 2: Prepare a SWOT Analysis
In this step, you will apply the information gathered in the business analysis to assess the benefits and possible drawbacks of adopting cloud infrastructure for BallotOnline.
Your supervisor, Sophia, recommends that you include a SWOT analysis in your presentation, since the BallotOnline company executives will want you to go over both the advantages and disadvantages of cloud adoption and any important internal and external factors that may influence the success of the project.
Demonstrate your critical-thinking abilities by identifying the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats of adopting cloud computing.
First, articulate each of these areas for the SWOT analysis:
- Identify the key strengths (advantages) of adopting cloud computing.
- Identify the major weaknesses (disadvantages) of adopting cloud computing.
- Are there any opportunities that cloud computing enables the organization to take advantage of?
- What are the threats that an organization considering adopting cloud computing needs to consider?
Next, evaluate how to achieve the following outcomes to add to the SWOT analysis:
- How can you use strengths to take advantage of opportunities?
- How can you overcome weaknesses to take advantage of opportunities?
- How can you use strengths to avoid threats?
- How can you minimize weaknesses and avoid threats?
Use the SWOT analysis template to organize your ideas.