Module 5 Discussion Forum 1
The Impact of Social Determinants on the Health and Well Being of Vulnerable Populations
This discussion has a few parts to it, so be sure to read the prompt carefully and thoroughly. You will likely need to do some outside research to gather some more evidence/relevant information to support your post.
- What are social determinants of health (define/explain)?
- How do they relate to health disparities, inequities and inequality?
- Choose a vulnerable population in your community (different than you have chosen previously) and identify 4 or 5 social determinants and explain/describe how they impact the health and well being.
- Also include a description of how they pose challenges and barriers to their ability to achieve health equity or equality.
- To avoid point loss, carefully follow all assignment instructions and rubric guidelines
- Complete your original post before 11:59 p.m. Thursday, EST
- Complete at least 2 peer replies before 11:59 p.m. Sunday, EST
- Note that responses to instructor comments do not count toward the minimum number of peer replies
- Review these Discussion Forum Posts Examples.docx to get a better sense of what is expected for discussion content and participation
- Provide properly formatted citations/references for all source material (see APA 7th Guide)
- Do not use any quoted or copied material