No directly quoted material may be used in this project paper.
Resources should be summarized or paraphrased with appropriate in-text and Resource page citations.
For this assignment you are to do the following:
Using the topic you chose in the last assignment, (Robbery, I have attached the paper your staff did for me two weeks ago) articulate how biological theoretical explanations that you learned about this week help to explain the behavior you chose, or how they do not. If you do not think that your topic can be explained from biological theory this week, explain why this is the case. See the details belowâ€¦
- State what topic it is that you are now looking at through a theoretical lens
- Provide a summary of the theory from this week that you have chosen to support or refute as support to explain the behavior (you will need to likely do some outside research to know the principles or assumptions of the theory- these are absolutely key to the theory and using the theory to explain or to argue that it cannot explain the behavior).
- Apply the theory to your topic. You are basically using the theory to explain the behavior. If you believe that the theory does not apply to your topic, you will need to explain why it is not â€œfitâ€ to explain your topic.
- The idea to determine whether biological theories can explain the relationship between your variables. If it does not, that is fine, but you must justify why- by using the theory.
You will write a paper following these requirements:
- Address numbers 1-4 above in the most thorough way possible.
- Critically think and make that evident by the analysis that you provide in answering questions 2-4.
- There is not a right or wrong in regards to whether or not you think that they theory can explain the relationship. There is only a right or wrong in terms of whether or not you did what was asked of you. So, be sure to use critical thinking, take your time, and create a solid argument while addressing the questions.
- Paper must be double spaced, 11 or 12 pt font and ” margins all around.
- All APA 7th edition format requirements must be followed (cover page, in text citations, reference page). Refer to APA/UMGC – learning resources found in the content page of this course.
- You must have resources to support your thoughts/opinions/information. These must be cited both in text as well as at the end of the document. Your paper should not contain direct quotes, sourced material must be paraphrased.