Assignment #3: Assess a Process: Key Performance Indicators, Process Improvement Tools, Techniques and Risk Management (Week 6)
The purpose of this assessment is to be able to apply the concepts behind process improvement tools and techniques to assess the key performance indicators of a process improvement project. This assignment is the third of four assignments. that seeks to have the student apply steps of identifying a business process and improving its effectiveness for organization success.
- The student will identify the KPI’s.
- The student will identify tools and techniques that can be used to assess successful performance of the process.
- The student will understand and identify the risks inherent to the project improvement and apply management skills and tools to ensure minimal risk is involved.
- The will improve written communication and critical thinking skills.
Using the instructor approved idea from phase one of the series, update the process improvement idea by adding the following information:
- Create and explain a list of all key performance indicators that measure success for the project.
- Identify and explain at least four process improvement tools and techniques that would best fit the needs of the process project under discussion.
- Identify the risks and methods of minimizing their affect to the project.
- Write a 2-3 page report summarizing the reasoning behind the creation of all the information provided in the five topics listed above.
Preparation for Writing the Assignment
Before you begin writing the paper, you will read the following requirements that will help you meet the writing and APA requirements.
- Read the grading rubric for the assignment. Use the grading rubric while writing the paper to ensure all requirements are met that will lead to the highest possible grade.
- Third person writing is required. Third person means that there are no words such as â€œI, me, my, we, or usâ€ (first person writing), nor is there use of â€œyou or yourâ€ (second person writing). If uncertain how to write in the third person, view this link: http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/first-second-and-third-person.
- Contractions are not used in business writing, so you are expected NOT to use contractions in writing this assignment.
- You are expected to paraphrase and NOT use direct quotes. You are expected to paraphrase, which can be learned by reviewing this link: https://writing.wisc.edu/Handbook/QPA_paraphrase2.html.
- You are responsible for APA only for in-text citations and a reference list.
- The expectation is that you provide a robust use of the course readings to support ideas, reasoning and conclusions.
- You may not use books as source material.
- When using a source document, the expectation is that the information is cited and referenced with a page or paragraph number. Note that a reference within a reference list cannot exist without an associated in-text citation and vice versa.
APA and writing is an important part of this paper and should be executed with the utmost attention to detail.
Step 1: Review the grading rubric for the assignment. The grading rubric allows you to see the different criteria within your assignment, the expectations of each requirement, and the point values assigned to each requirement.
Step 2: Create each of the charts, diagrams and project charter.
Step 3: In a two-three page summary report discuss the following required elements making sure to support the reasoning and conclusions using the course and research material.
How to Set Up the Paper
Create a Word or Rich Text Format (RTF) document that is double-spaced, 12-point font. The final product will be between 7-8 pages in length excluding the title page and reference page. In completing the assignment, you will answer the questions in narrative form. Write clearly and concisely.
Use the following format:
- Title page with title, your name, the course, the instructorâ€™s name;
- Summary of charts, diagrams and project charter;
- Summary is formatted with an Introduction, body of the report contains headings for: key performance indicators, process improvement tools and techniques, and risk identification and management discussion and a summary paragraph
- Appendix with all the required charts, diagram and team charter form
- Reference List