Suggest a methodology to supplement the traditional methods for evaluating the capital investments of your selected company in the emerging markets to reduce risk..
- Use the Internet and/or Strayer Library to research a publicly traded manufacturing company of your choice. Review the current plans that your selected company has identified for capital investments in emerging markets. Note: You can find useful information on a company’s capital investment plans from their website and/or press releases.
Write a 5–6-page paper in which you:
- Suggest a methodology to supplement the traditional methods for evaluating the capital investments of your selected company in the emerging markets to reduce risk. Provide a rationale for your suggested methodology.
- Assess one way in which inflation could potentially impact planned capital investments in emerging markets and examine one (1) approach to perform an accurate evaluation of the investments. Suggest how this knowledge may impact management’s decisions.
- Contrast the modifications you would make in evaluating the projects to increase internal capacity in the largest market in which the company currently operates with the modifications you would make in evaluating expansion projects into secondary markets. Suggest one way that this information will impact the decisions made related to expansion.
- Examine two benefits of using sensitivity analysis in evaluating the projects for your selected company. Suggest how this approach can provide a competitive advantage for the company.
- Use at least three quality academic resources in this assignment. Use the Strayer Library to conduct your research. Note: Wikipedia and other websites do not qualify as academic resources.
- Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Create a recommendation for evaluating a company’s capital investments in emerging markets that includes the potential impact of inflation, modifications to evaluating projects, and benefits of using sensitivity analysis.
- Institution Release Statement