Describe the rewards and challenges of training a workforce composed of workers from different generations..
Review the following lecture:
Does Training Impact the Bottom Line
Training is the process whereby people acquire capabilities to perform jobs. The view of training has changed over time. Today, training is viewed as necessary for long-term strategic goals.
To be a strategic investment, training must produce positive results. Today, it is common to have workers from several generations in the workforce. The most common groups are the baby boomers, generation X, and millennials. There are differences and similarities among all the groups to conduct training.
As the HR manager, what would you do?
- Describe the rewards and challenges of training a workforce composed of workers from different generations.
- Analyze from your current or previous employment about the type of training that was utilized to promote the different generations.
- Explain how HR professionals can assist line managers with the various training options to train workers from different generations.
- Analyze what HR programs should be customized to meet the diverse needs of workers from each generation.
- Evaluate the various delivery training programs using the Internet and take a position of one you would use or create.
To support your work, use your course and text readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
- Create 2- to 3-page, excluding title and references Microsoft Word document.
- Name your file as SU_HRM6999_W3_Project_LastName_FirstName.