Career Development Activities.
The purpose of this assignment is to engage in a selected activity related to career development. Complete one of the options from the “Career Development Activities” below. After completing the activity, write a paper (750-1,000 words) that includes the following:
- The career opportunities in the discipline which has the most appeal based on research.
- New knowledge gained through the research.
- How the information influences your studies and future career.
The paper may be written in first person voice and must be grammatically correct. At least two external sources should be cited in the paper. The paper must be written on an activity that has been completed during this current course.
Career Development Activities:
- Go to a GCU Accounting Society or an on-campus club or association meeting related to your discipline. Write a paper that meets the criteria above, and explains what you learned from this meeting and how this will influence your career.
- Complete the GCU Career Compass. Use the link in topic materials to register for Career Compass. Write a paper that meets the criteria above, and explains what you learned by completing the Career Compass and how this will help you in determining your career path.
- Research a professional license, certification, advanced degree or designation related to your intended profession.
- Participate in other activities as directed by the instructor.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.