apply HR Management concepts to a small business in need of sound HR practices.. The Carter Cleaning Company cases are a written homework assignment where you’ll apply HR Management concepts to a small business in need of sound HR practices. Your responses should demonstrate that you can correctly identify and apply relevant concepts we study in class. Think of this assignment as the quality of your advice that you’ll give to Jennifer.
- Carefully read the Carter Cleaning Company Cases for all of the chapters in Unit 2 (2, 13, 14), making note of the pertinent information and issues. For each question below, identify the relevant HR Management concept from the chapter.
- Using this concept, construct a thorough and unique response to the questions. Be sure to provide support in order to justify your response. You can use examples from class discussion, your work experience, and the case details.
- Submit your assignment on or before the due date.
Your work is evaluated according to the rubric here in this assignment.
- Discuss the problems/issues at hand at Carter Cleaning for this unit.
- What’s wrong with Jack’s attitude toward equal employment? Explain both his attitudes and the problems with them.
- What does Jennifer need to do in order to make sure Carter Cleaning is compliant with EEO regulations?
- Carter Cleaning is not currently a union environment. Could that change if the workers wanted to organize? Why would they? What would you do to head off any employees who want to unionize?
- List 5 unsafe conditions and 5 unsafe acts that you are likely to see in a dry cleaning store. If you were Jennifer, what would you do to reduce/prevent unsafe conditions? Unsafe acts? How would you motivate employees to wear safety goggles?